Experienced Organic Chemist wanted for fast-growing medical device startup
GlucoSet is growing and has an immediate need for an experienced organic chemist to join its technology development team.
Ideal skills and experience:
- PhD in Organic Chemistry (by reaserch), ideally in hydrogels and boronic acid systems.
- 7 - 10 years of industry experience, ideally including developing sensor products.
- Documented track record of multiple successful product development.
- Experienced in developing and characterising polymer systems, with ability to investigate underlying mechanisms to discover and resolve performance related root-causes.
- Understanding chemical composition of sensors, mechanisms of glucose sensing, and their impact on sensor performance. System-level thinking for optimization of complex chemical mixtures to create desired product performance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to communicate well in English, written and spoken
Candidates must have a desire to work in a culture that fosters team spirit, innovation, and a can-do attitude. It is also necessary to have the ability to work independently, in a team setting, and perform multiple simultaneous substantial projects.
Please submit your application in English.