Senior Organic Chemist
We have an immediate opening for a senior organic chemist.
GlucoSet is developing a fiber optic glucose sensor to reduce complications and lower costs in critically ill patients. Located in Trondheim, Norway we are backed by experienced venture capital investors.
You will lead the development of our glucose-sensing hydrogel sensor, working closely with our team of chemists and technicians.
What we offer:
- Purpose: Work on problems worth solving, and build products that will save lives.
- Independence: We expect you to think for yourself and to voice your thoughts and ideas.
- Responsibility: We look for self-starters with a can-do-attitude who take responsibility, be it individually and in a team.
- Challenges: We promise that the challenges will grow at least as fast as you do.
- Fun: We care about having a good time together and look for people who want to create a fun workplace.
What we are looking for: Do you have the expertise and experience needed to take our technology to the next level?
- Expertise: Can you significantly add to the team's strengths in these areas?
- Hydrogels and/or glucose sensing
- Sensors and/or diagnostics
- Industry experience: You have a documented track record of successful product development.
- You are experienced in developing and characterizing polymer systems, and used to investigating underlying mechanisms to discover and resolve performance related root-causes.
- You excel at system-level thinking for optimization of complex chemical mixtures to create desired product performance.
- PhD in organic chemistry
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- (You do not need to understand Norwegian)
Details about the position:
- Full-time and permanent.
- Compensation is competitive.
- Employees have access to a stock option program.
- The company is located in Trondheim, Norway.
Interested in joining us in beautiful Trondheim, a Norwegian city with just the right size, with an abundance of local nature experiences?
Please submit applications and resume in English. Submissions in Norwegian will not be considered.