Senior Hardware Electrical Engineer
We have an immediate need for an experienced hands-on hardware (HW) electrical engineer (EE) to develop advanced sensor systems incorporating electronics and photonics technologies.
You will be working closely with cross-functional product engineering teams of mechanical, chemical, photonics, software and electrical engineers to define, develop, validate, manufacture, deploy and maintain systems to make our innovative products a clinical and market success.
- Strong background in system architecture and HW design, with experience in developing board-level photonics sub-systems, including integration of photonics components.
- PhD or MSc in EE, and 7+ years of experience, ideally developing electronic products with significant photonics, HW, software and embedded component.
- Working knowledge and use of regulatory requirements as applicable to medical products with significant electronic content, such as IEC 60601 (safety and effectiveness), IEC 62304 (medical device software lifecycle processes), ISO 14971 (application of risk management to medical devices), and ISO 13485 (QMS).
- Track record of identifying and executing complex engineering projects.
- Experienced at performing bench testing, design verification and validation activities, including associated documentation and records.
- Documented track record of product design, development and new product introduction to enable a smooth design transfer to manufacturing.
- Experienced in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with external companies, suppliers, and vendors to optimize product development, including design changes, performance improvements, validation activity, and risk analysis. This will include responsibility for developing and executing the project schedule to ensure timelines are met.
- Ability to fully support R&D and Quality teams by building quality into all aspects of work and by maintaining compliance to all operating procedures and applicable regulatory standards.
- Experienced in creating and implementing HW testing and reliability metrics (following QMS) to facilitate ISO 13485 certification.
- Excellent people skills and ability to communicate well in English, both written and spoken.
Candidate must have a desire to work in a results-oriented culture that fosters team spirit, innovation, and a can-do attitude. It is also necessary to have the ability to work independently, in a team setting, and perform multiple simultaneous substantial projects.
The position is full-time and permanent. Salaries are competitive.
Please submit your application and resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women are encouraged to apply.